http://www.twitter.com/allovercali

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Takeover of Social Networks

It is so amazing how forms of communications have changed! Once we used to talk on land lines only due to the fear of cell phones and new technology. Now talking on a land line is a thing of the past. There are now so many ways to communicate that actually are impersonal but people use them in the most personal forms ever. With the birth of Facebook and the death of Myspace in the past 2 years, and we can't forget about the uprising of Twitter, Formspring, OOVOO, Tumblr and Foursquare. And I can't forget about all my bloggers out there!!! And all my vimeo folks. Before you used to have to wait for a person to tell you what they were up to in their lives now with just a click of a button its all there on the Internet or what I like to call "The World Wide Web". It bothers me that we might not ever get back to formal communication maybe one day or is that wishful thinking. I can't sit here and act like I am not guilty of these forms of communication, I have 3 Twitter accounts, 1 Facebook page, 1 Tumblr page, 1 Formspring, about 10 email accounts and my main form of communication is texting. I know, I know very sad but I've become so turned off of the thought of talking on the phone and I'm not sure why. I guess I need to stop all that texting and pick up the phone and call some folks?? Task for today less texting more calling. Let's see how that works out for me. Here is my tribute to "Social Networking"

No comments:

Post a Comment